Grace's Emergency Shelter
(more to come)
Grace's Facebook Page
Frequently updated. Please bookmark it!
from Father John
* Our first goal is to get everyone safely through a Chicago winter. The Village asked us to house our guests through March 15, and we are committed to doing that.
* We need your generous financial support, especially since our gas and electric bills are going to be higher than planned. Please see our Give page.
* We need your presence, especially overnight hosts--see our Volunteer page.
* We are planning a parish-wide Q&A session in the Sanctuary on Sunday, November 26.
* We have 16 young men staying with us.
* Father John has discussed the rules with our guests: This is a place where everyone is safe. Curfew and lights out at 11, quiet outside. The men are all fine with these rules.
* Our guests have been keeping the Parish Hall clean since they arrived, even without our asking, and will be keeping the kitchen and bathrooms clean on a regular basis.
* The Village has assigned us a security guard, who is at Grace from 9 pm to 9 am every day.
* Our guests' basic needs--showers, medical care, clothing--are being met by our partners throughout the village, with transportation provided.
* The Village and Housing Forward are working toward meeting other needs, including permanent housing, work permits, legal support, and more.
More information to come.
from the Village of Oak Park
This page is updated regularly.